Sunday, May 23, 2010

The last week...

So, last Wednesday I took Maura for her shots and wound up getting a breathing treatment and a chest Xray. Fortunately, there was no infection, but the pedi was concerned with her fast breathing and the lack of interest in eating. So, we continued the breathing treatments for a week, got a weight check after a few days and monitored her breathing. After a week, she was still breathing fast, but eating much better so the pedi said we could stop the treatments and she got her shots. UGH. It seems like every time things appear to calm down and be ok, BAM! Not so much!

Last Sunday was Maura's baptism. She was SO good and looked absolutely beautiful!! I was a little nervous about what her gown would look like since there wasn't a real pattern or anything, but it came out better than I ever could have expected. It was really special to me that she was baptised in the same dress I was married in. I stood in that dress in that very church and was welcomed with my new husband after saying I do and now we were welcoming our daughter in the same dress in the same church surrounded by all the same family. It was a very special moment. The ceremony was long and boring though...the deacon was long winded and the babies (there were 4 of them) were getting restless and the adults were getting bored. But all in all, it was a great day. Some pics:
And I'm SO glad I changed my mind about choosing the Godmother. I don't have time to get into it, but my first choice wasn't the best thing for Maura and as soon as I realized this, I had to tell her and pick someone else. Normally I would NEVER have done something like that...but I had to do what is best for Maura and that holds true NO matter what. So, I did it although it was uncomfortable, but I'm so happy that I did. I guess that is something that changes when you're a parent!

1 comment:

  1. Maura looks BEAUTIFUL!! It seems like only yesterday that you were wearing that gown when you said your "I Do's." She looks like an angel all in white. God bless Baby Maura!

    ReplyDelete