Wednesday, October 13, 2010

9 Months!

I can't believe Maura is 9 Months old! HOLY CRAP! She's such a good little baby, too. Her checkup was today. She's 18 pounds 5 ounces! Such a big girl!! She got 2 shots and didn't cry AT ALL. I was amazed. She's pretty much bad ass. Just saying'.

As I watch her grow, I'm having more and more WHAT IF moments.

What if she doesn't like me when she's older?

What if she doesn't want to go to college?

What if she doesn't like all the things I'm looking forward to her liking? Like Disney World? and reading? and dancing? and my favorite movies growing up?

What if she doesn't hit milestones on time?

What if she isn't smart?

What if she isn't healthy?

What if this, what if that?

I'm driving myself crazy. Between that and the sudden paranoia, I don't know what to do with myself. Example of paranoia: I'm driving home from work. Everything is perfectly fine. All of a sudden, I smell something. Then this happens in my head.

Holy shit. What's that smell? Is my truck on fire? Should I pull over? What happens if it blows up? What will happen to Maura? OMG. What if I never hug her again? or kiss Vince? What if I pull over and someone hits me and I go flying? How will I get to work tomorrow? Ok, take a deep breath.

Truck is obviously not on fire. You're fine. Laugh at yourself for being crazy and carry on home to your husband and baby. GRRR. I do this at least once a day.

I entered a contest today to drive a Chevy Traverse for a month and blog/facebook about it! I would be so freaking excited if I actually win. This is one of the vehicles I was looking into when my lease is up next year, so being able to test drive for a month would be AWESOME! I highly doubt I'm going to win...but we'll see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment