Thursday, January 29, 2009

Resting comfortably

So, of course I didn't get much sleep last night. I cried for a long time and then between my nose being stuffy and being rather nervous I couldn't fall asleep. I was pretty much restless all night. We got to the hospital around 9:30 and they took me up to pre-op around 10:00. I was supposed to go into the OR around 11, but because the previous case took longer than expected, I was delayed until 12:10ish. The procedure only took about 15-20 minutes. I remember Renee telling me to have sweet dreams, the anesthesia burning my IV and then nothing else until the nurse woke me up in the recovery room. I woke up very groggy with minor cramps. She gave me pain medicine through my IV and then Motrin by mouth after I ate some crackers. I'm having some moderate bleeding right now but really no pain at this time. Thank God!

Today, I'm very hopeful about being about to try again in a month. I have to wait one cycle. This whole thing was very heartbreaking, but I'm glad it's over now. We can have fun trying again ;)

Thanks again for all the hugs, love and support to all my GP girls!!! You helped ease the pain in my heart and for that I'll always be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to a new start. You deserve good things! I'm so glad you're doing well today after the rough couple of weeks you've had. You're in my thoughts.
    --stacialynn

    ReplyDelete