Saturday, January 10, 2009

Telling the Inlaws :)

So, we drove to the inlaws today to take them out for their birthdays. FIL was last week and MIL is this week. I bought a card at Hallmark that says something like We just wanted to let you know....that we're expecting a little bundle of fun. So, we handed that to MIL when we walked in the door. She opened it...totally ignoring the words in the card and just reading what I wrote. Which said, Happy Birthday! We love you guys! Love, Vincent and Lisa (and baby, too). So she looks up at me and says, "and Baby? Who the turtle?" I said, "umm, NO. His name is Tuga" And then she started crying and hugging me! They are very excited to be expecting their 10th grandchild!!! We stopped afterwards to tell Vince's sister, BIL and their kids and they were all excited, also. All 3 of our nieces were there, so I recruited some babysitters already!! Although the little one who's 7 doesn't seem to wanna change any diapers LOL.

Tomorrow we'll be telling my Daddy. Mammy has been successful at not telling him all week!! Yay! My grandparents live with them, so they will find out tomorrow also. And my bro and SIL and niece and nephew will there for dinner. We bought them shirts that say "I'm going to be a big cousin" so that's gonna be how we tell my bro and SIL. I'll let you know how that goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment